On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 13:54 +1000, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > try this
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&r=1&w=2
>
> Why do we feature our own archive (in most of the project info
> reports) if it is not even searchable? Instead people have to be
> pointed to other searchable archives ...or find them on their own.
>
> Not really user-friendly.

It's an archive that is stable, long-term and trustable. That means it's
a great historical resource, and that when providing URLs referencing
past discussions, a URL to the Apache email archives is a very good way
to do that.

I agree that it's a shame there is no decent search facility though. I
thought that last year's Google Summer of Code included a project to
enhance the apache http mod_mbox to provide search functionality. Do I
remember wrong, or did that project not work out?

Cheers,

Simon