On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 00:12 +0100, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Simple question - can [vfs] be released *now*, with a minimal set of code?
>
> I presume that the first release might thus consist only of the core
> plus standard java File and ram? No compress, ftp, http, ... I
> emphasise, think small.
>

> Subsequent releases could then add these features in, and potentially
> provide the split jar files (if someone, eg a maven expert, wants to set
> up the multi jar solution)

I've done a reasonable amount of work with maven2 now, and can probably
help out with maven config for vfs. However I agree that a minimal first
release is a good idea.

BTW, I generally like maven2. For certain "special" projects (eg
logging) it can be awkward but for most projects the rewards are well
worth the learning curve.

Regards,

Simon