On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 22:02 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Currently there is only a SNAPSHOT POM for commons proper: In other
> words, a release of commons-fileupload can only choose to ignore the
> hierarchy and derive from the Apache POM directly or it can wait for
> an official release of the commons-proper POM, it's natural parent.
> The latter is what we vote about.

This thread from 12 October 2006 appears to have tailed off without
conclusion:

As far as I can see, all the issues that were raised were fixed thanks
to hard work by Jochen Wiedmann. People were sounding pretty positive
about the final state of this file. Rahul suggested starting a new Vote
thread for clarity as the first one had a lot of discussion happening
but I can't see that one occurred.

See also:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/

I'm hoping to get a release of commons-digester out sometime soon, and
it would be good to have maven2 support. However it's pretty ugly to
point at a parent pom with SNAPSHOT version, as builds of that release
aren't repeatable; the parent pom can change.

There is also work currently going on for a Betwixt release. It would be
nice to have maven2 support for that too...

Cheers,

Simon