On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 17:39 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 11/17/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 11/17/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~rahul/commons/digester/
> > >
> > > Notes:
> > > * The site requires manual "installation" of the 1.8 directory on the
> > > webserver; since this can't/shouldn't be done until the release vote
> > > actually passes, there are several 404s on the site home page (that
> > > will get filled in)
> > > * Going to JCL 1.1 we should be aware of  MEV-392 [1], and whether
> > > that warrants staying at 1.0.4
> >

> > Or maybe just do a C-L 1.1.1 that fixes this, and depend on that instead?
> > Digester is certainly not the only downstream C-L user this would affect.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Correct, though that needs a separate discussion (which we should
> probably be having anyway) and a release. What do others think?

I'm keen to see a JCL 1.1.1 release out if there is enthusiasm for
others to work on this. There are a couple of minor bugfixes since 1.1
that are also worth pushing out (see the release notes). The problem
with JCL releases is that they are hard to do and hard to test, so take
quite a bit of time to get done.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/logging/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Cheers,

Simon