Asleson, Ryan wrote:
Hello,

I just tried using Commons-Email RC5 on WebLogic 8.1. When using the
Email.addTo method, I receive a NoSuchMethodError.

It appears that the Email class is attempting to use
InternetAddress.validate(), which is part of J2EE 1.4, not 1.3.  Since I'm
using WebLogic 8.1, which is only J2EE 1.3, it looks like I'm stuck.

Is there any way around this?

This sounds like something that should be fixed. Not sure what the alternative to this method is though...

Stephen