Hi,

I want to use the Digester in a web application to parse XML documents on
the fly.  Basically, the user logs in and his corresponding XML file is
loaded from the database, parsed using Digester and displayed to the user
for manipulation.

I'm concerned about the following line in the JavaDoc:

"A single Digester instance may only be used within the context of a single
thread at a time, and a call to parse() must be completed before another
can be initiated even from the same thread."

I'm not sure if I fully understand what this is saying. Will this mean I
will face problems using the Digester in the above way in a web
application?  Is it saying that I can use only one digester instance to
service all requests, or will it be okay to put Digester code in my servlet
which will create a Digester for each request?

Please help, I'm confused.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.