Right, to go back to the EL.

commons-el supports EL as defined in the original JSTL spec and the JSP 2.0
specifications.  For you to claim to support "EL" you are going to have to
reference either one of those specs, I'm fairly certain that EL was never
defined as anything that could live outside of either of these J2EE-specific
specifications.

So, in other words, you couldn't claim to support "EL" outside of a servlet
environment, but you could claim to support something similar to "EL", and that
would be JEXL.

Tim O'Brien
[EMAIL PROTECTED]