At 03:39 AM 8/26/2003, David Reid wrote:
>> 3. Apache Newsletter is one of the "News from the ASF" material,
>> which people who do not have much time to read all the websites in
>> the Apache.org have been eager to get in the past,
>> so it fit to the original usage of [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
>> and I will publish this newsletter to this mailing list.
>
>Please clarify you mean you will post an announcement giving details of the
>existance of the newsletter and details of where it may be viewed to
>announce@ as posting the entire newletter to the list doesn't fit well with
>it's stated purpose.

Providing the table of contents (with or without a one sentence intro)
is consistent with these sorts of "newsletter" distributions, and I would
like to see at least a list of those contents go out in the announce.
It's the difference between a 3kb mail and a 5kb mail - nothing significant
traffic wise.  But it will probably make a noticeable difference, readership
wise.

Bill