On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Julie MacNaught wrote:
Conclusion? Just play nice.

Right on! It's amazing how well a bit of humility, encouragement of others, and responding to fire with ice works in online communities - whether technical like this one, or social, or whatever.

I'm haunted, though, by whether there's a sort of cognitive dissonance in "being nice" and the "Apache" name. I'm not suggesting we rename ourselves the "Cute Nice Fluffy Bunnies Software Foundation". :) Just wondering if it's something we should overtly work to overcome rather than just inertly hope we aren't setting the wrong tone...

        Brian