At 08:30 PM 12/16/2004, Stephen McConnell wrote:

>Concerning our decision making processes, I have a couple of
>questions...
>
>  * What do you think is the role of a PMC in our decision
>    making process?

They have absolute decision making process within the board's
mandate for their project.

>  * Within our decision processes, what do you think is more
>    important - the community or the individual?

The community.  Individuals participate, but the distinction
between an ASF project and a, say, sourceforge project, is that
the ASF project is more than one individual.  One hopes they
survive the departure of any given individual, or the influnces
of one specific individual

Sadly, that doesn't always happen.

Bill