These
> > policies established rules concerning discussion, voting, and
reporting.
> > Unfortunately Aaron decided that he was above these rules, a notion
> > supported by the Chairman and a number of the members of the board.
>
> No policy adopted by a project can supercede the policies of the ASF.
> Any that do are null and void, or, at best, advisory only.

Then clearly you have been negligent in your responsibility towards the
Avalon community.  If the Avalon policies are invalid - why did the
Chairman not say so?  Why did *you* remain silent?  Why did every member
of the board choose to sit or their thumbs?  Explain how your selective
and timely prose contribute to the proper running of this organization?

Authority without accountability?

I'm could imagine why you and other members of the board feel
comfortable with this.  Make a chair accountable to the committee and
the next thing you know will be board accountability to chairs.  Oh god
- would that send a rocket up the darker passages of the ASF!

Stephen.