On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 14:17 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I'd like to mail an informal email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] that all PMC member
> > know about that award
>
> Is this appropriate for all PMCs?  What makes you believe that they'd care?

who knows whether they'd care? not me...

but IMHO the right test isn't whether they're likely to care (or not):
it's just whether it's appropriate. as much business as possible such be
conducted in the open on public mailing lists. the pmc lists should be
used for confidential matters only. is there any reason why this
information needs to be private?

if not then IMHO it would be much better to use one of the many public
channels (for example: this list; planet apache; the public lists).

- robert