Hi Sébastien,

On 30/07/12 08:16, Sébastien Brisard wrote:
> Hi Thilo,
>
> I'm a committer to the Apache-Commons Math project. I crossed the
> message you've posted recently on the community ML, regarding
> automatic code generation. I would be very interested by such a tool,
> with no particular restriction on the license (as this would be for
> personal use). I was unaware of codemodel. I had a look to the API, it
> seems to fulfill my needs. However, before I start using it, I would
> like to have your advice. Would you recommend this library? Is there
> any other good alternative you would also recommend?

I haven't looked at codemodel in any detail since for me, the
license is a requirement.  So I knew right away that codemodel
wouldn't work for me.  All I can say is that unfortunately, it
is the only OS library I found that has such a nice API and is
independent of any particular modeling approach.  If you don't
mind dragging in EMF, or if your project needs to run in Eclipse
anyway, you can look at the tools that come with or at least
run in Eclipse.  Again, that was not an option for me.

Not sure that helped, but that's all I have.  I'm currently
thinking of doing my own library, based roughly on the codemodel
approach.  If it ever gets to a stage where it is generally
useful, Apache Commons might be a good home for it.  We'll see.

--Thilo