Dear List,

I already announced it (http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2011-
February/064474.html), now I'm ready to start production:
The Freerunner Navigation Board v3 is finished!

It features a compass, a gyroscope and an accelerometer. All of them work in
three dimensions. Together with the included pressure sensor you get a 10
degrees of freedom sensor board which should be usable for inertial
navigation, as flight controller or recorder for drones such as quadrocopters
and possibly a lot of other gadgets.

To be compatible with as many embedded boards as possible, the supply voltage
and the I/O voltage of the I²C bus can be different. A 3V - 3.6V supply voltage
(VCC) is recommended for the sensors, while the I/O voltage can be anything
between 1.8V and VCC. This feature enables connectivity to your Freerunner as
well as to most other embedded devices such as the OpenPandora (there is
enough space inside the case) or devices from Always Innovating.

If you want even more functionality:
the bottom side contains:
- the MPR121 touch sensor controller
- a 38kHz fixed frequency oscillator for IR remote control applications
- the TCA6507 7 channel LED controller
- a I2C level shifter to connect even more sensors with different I/O voltages
- a I²C EEPROM which is also accessible through 13.45MHz RFID.

Preliminary documentation is available on the wiki page
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner_Navigation_Board_v3
It will be improved within the next two weeks.

Schematic and PCB-Layout are available from
https://gitorious.org/frnbv3/frnbv3-hardware (Cadsoft Eagle file format)

Preorders can be placed on http://www.handheld-
linux.com/wiki.php?page=Navigation%20Board

General availability is scheduled for mid-may.

I hope you find this little device useful for your projects. If there are any
questions, please let me know.

Cheers,
  Christoph