Registration Now Open! Click here to register on our eventbrite page  Click
here to RSVP on Facebook and share in your network Growing Food and Justice for
All InitiativeH.E.A.L Our Food System Gathering September 25-27, 2015
&Dismantling Racism ILFT Training September 23-25, 2015Conference Details: The
Growing Food and Justice for All Initiative (GFJI) 2015 Gathering will be held
in Chicago, IL in partnership with Growing Power, Inc. We are excited for the
opportunity to explore this year’s theme, "H.E.A.L. Our Food System,” with a
variety of local community organizations and growers. The Gathering will build
upon learning and sharing from our previous gatherings to move us toward a
vision of “Community/ Unity/ Opportunity/ Equity/ Harmony.” We come together
this year to continue our work as leaders on a wide array of issues that have
manifested as a result of injustice, and to find a common bond and fellowship
which specifically uses the framework of dismantling racism in our food system
as a tool for healing our communities, our environments and ourselves. The
workshops and activities at the Gathering will be hands-on and interactive,
showcasing the work being done locally in Chicago, as well as nationally and
internationally. Please join us as we explore how we can better grow food and
justice within ourselves and our communities.The Gathering has several key
goals: To build networks and alliances between GFJI members and affiliates;To
strengthen and support leadership prowess and confidence;To facilitate
anti-racism, dismantling racism and multicultural alliance building workshops
and trainings geared toward all levels of experience;To share stories, engage
in dialogues and build community; andTo take actions that lead to food equity,
sovereignty, policy change and increased mental, physical and spiritual health
for all.The Growing Food and Justice for All (GFJI) is a comprehensive network
that views dismantling racism as a core principle which brings together social
change agents from diverse sectors who are working to bring about new, healthy,
and impoverished communities throughout the world Local Partnership: The
Chicago Local Empowerment Group has come together to showcase some of the
incredible work being done around the city. In addition to workshops being
offered at Iron Street Farm, on Saturday attendees will have the option to see
a new part of the city and hear how other communities are coming together
around food and justice with traveling tracks sponsored by Little Village
Environmental Justice Organization, Gardeneers, Christy Webber Landscaping and
INUAg and more!