You can fork community_engine on github and change omniauth in the gemspec
to require 1.1
Take a look at my fork here:
https://github.com/Jacob-Kroeze/communityengine/tree/jquery-bootstrap
and the commit:
https://github.com/Jacob-Kroeze/communityengine/commit/b3ffc3d4c5a3d7b007a172647b6a9ccf6165e960

To be honest, I only tested this to the point of getting rails server up
and running...not sure if, for example, linkedin sign-in works right. I'm
very new to CE.