Jeremias, here is the process that I use to customize the views:

First you should understand that you can provide your own CSS style file in app/assets/stylesheets/styles.css.erb in order to specify style changes such as different text fonts.

I use an IDE that allows me to easily look at the files in the Community Engine (CE) gem directories but you may find it easier to use git to clone the CE code to a directory on your machine and refer to the files in there.

As a general rule you can create files in your app directory structure that have the same name as files in the CE gem directories and your file will override the original CE file.

NOTE: if you wish to override a controller or model then you should not just copy the entire file. Instead use the require_from_ce method to pull in the original CE controller or model code and then after that specify your overrides. So you can redefine an action, for example, or redefine the list of accessors in a model.

I hope this helps.

Dan