Salam Sajda,

Have you tried both the Tanzil project's Uthmani and Imlaei scripts? I'm not
sure what you mean about the vowels being in the wrong place - the Tanzil
project is 100% accurate against the Uthmani script of the Medinah Mushaf,
its more likely you are looking at the script on your computer in a
different way (non-Unicode?)

To help you out, I've forwarded your original question below to the
comp-quran mailing list (
http://www.mail-archive.com/comp-quran@comp.leeds.ac.uk/).

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to reply inshallah
!

w/salam,

-- Kais