On 24/01/06, Stuart Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hence, I'd be grateful for any recommendations for terminal emulators
> for Compacts, preferably one which doesn't require me to remember too
> much of the RS-232 jargon which I've forgotten in the last 20 years! I
> won't be using a modem, only a direct connection. I have the
> appropriate 25-pin D-type to DIN adapters.

Hello Stuart.  I believe the venerable Kermit application might fit
the bill.  I managed to find this link:
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/mac.html but by digging around the
columbia.edu site you might be able to find something that will work
on much earlier versions of The System.

I used Kermit a long time ago on SunOS and it fitted the bill, being
fairly simple.

I'm sure others on this list may recommend alternatives, but this is
the one I'd use.

Good luck,
Paul

--