Hi all,
I noticed the older floppy drives in my compacts don't read disks hardly
at all, I think they need a cleaning?  I found somewhere a link to mac
daniels article on how to clean them but aparently the article has been
removed, anyone know how to do this, currently I have to open up my
compacts and plug in my 8500s floppy drive to get them to work, if I end
up getting replacemtn drives does it matter if they are the newer smaller
manual inject drives?  will this hurt them or not function righ tin some
way as oppossed to the auto inject ones?  The suto ones that are in them
have a REALLY hard time pulling hte floppies ijto  the drives and I have
to help them a little to get the floppies inserted...

Boy I sure am going at it with restoring these macs!

last question before I'm off to work.  My SE FDHD has a huge black X
drawn on the front of it, obviously to signify it being ok to throw away,
as I found it in a dumpster, would there be any reason for me to NOT want
to paint this compact to hide the floppy, I have this neat idea about a
painting method I thought I'd try on it...

-Joe