Silvan Calarco wrote:
> Hi,
> I've updated compiz to the 0.5.0 release and since my release 0.3.something I
> keep on seeing seldom crashes from kde-window-decorator when running it both
> on Xorg with AIGLX+nvidia card and Xorg+Xgl+ATI card.
> The crashes most often happen at desktop login and when loading certain
> applications (kmail, kaffeine, ...).
> The strange thing is that if I try to attach to kde-window-decorator with gdb
> it doesn't crash anymore! What might be the reason?
> If anybody can tell how I can make more debugging and give you more
> information. The distribution is openmamba.
>
> Thanks,
> Silvan

Hi, now that you mention kde-window-decorator I thought I would refer
something I notice from time to time and is quite annoying. I believe
it's a problem across all libdecoration because I also get this with
metacity on two (very) different setups (nvidia/64bits and ati/32bits).
What happens is that after some time of using the decorators the
decorations stall, if I click a window it takes input focus but the
decoration stays as if it wasn't. I guess more people have this problem
? Maybe someone who knows about libdecoration can offer some insight.

Regards,

Diogo