From: "josephj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

sekedar selingan :)

dari
http://aggregate.org/KLAT2/

--cut--
KLAT2, Kentucky Linux Athlon Testbed 2, is a 64+2 700MHz Athlon cluster
using a variety of our system hardware and software performance tricks,
including a 264-NIC + 9 switch implementation of the new Flat Neighborhood
network topology. It was built in April 2000. Once the dust settles, we'll
be posting a lot more about KLAT2 soon, and virtually everything will be
freely available -- mostly in the form of public domain full source code.
--cut--
Using conventional software, PC processors are approaching the speed of the
processors in traditional supercomputers. KLAT2's software takes advantage
of special features of the AMD Athlon processor to dramatically accelerate
some computations. 3DNow! 32-bit vector floating point allows KLAT2's
sixty-four 700MHz Athlons to achieve more than 64GFLOPS while solving a
system of 40,960 equations -- slightly faster than the 64-bit arithmetic
performance of the machine ranked 150th in Jack Dongarra's list of the 500
fastest supercomputers in the world (http://www.top500.org/).
--cut--

josephj.