An interesting report.

I have a question about a line near the end where you address the two meanings of "UCT":

"UCT as applied to times stands for Universal Coordinate Time. It is the same, for most practical purposes including ours, as GMT, Greenwich Mean Time, the time zone based on London, England."

I had an experience where I set a Mac OS X "Dashboard Widget" clock to London time, and it was an hour off from UCT. I could only get the correct time by using Dakar as the city. Does London use something like Daylight Savings Time, making London time the same as GMT/UCT only part of the year?

Peter Drake
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Lewis & Clark College
http://www.lclark.edu/~drake/