----- Message d'origine ----
De : Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 26 Janvier 2007, 19h05mn 40s
Objet : Re: Re : [computer-go] an idea... computer go program's rank vs time

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 13:38 +0000, ivan dubois wrote:
> However, if you take for example a computer programm that does
> straight UCT (global UCT, with no sub-areas), then i believe it can
> not scale well when board size increases. Because the branching would
> factor increase proportinaly to the size of the board, and therefore
> the computation time for an equivalent search deapth will increase
> exponentialy.
> Any thoughts ?

This can be tested directly.   In my own experiments 19x19 improves very
rapidly in UCT with each doubling of the number of play-outs.

Of course someone will say, "yes, but that won't continue" and I will
have no way to refute their intuition.

I am presenting real evidence that it scales at least as far as I
can test,  and nobody has presented any evidence whatsoever to the
contrary other than gut feelings.