Chrilly wrote:
I think on 9x9 the superiority of search based programms is now clearly demonstrated. Its only the question if UCT or Alpha-Beta is superior.
Hi Chrilly,

Thanks for your report.

The question of UCT versus Alpha-Beta is not open any more in my opinion. The current state of the art of Monte Carlo tree search is about 500 Elo points stronger than the version of Crazy Stone you tested against. Do you believe you can easily catch up with those 500 Elo points ? Also, I am convinced that UCT has tremendous potential for further improvement. I have improved Crazy Stone by about 50 Elo points per day in the past 10 days (on 9x9. The improvement on 13x13 and 19x19 is much more). I am very confident that I can easily improve it further very much.

Rémi