> Valkyria uses to methods to bias playouts towards better moves.

Thanks for the reply Magnus. You said it will always try to react to the
last move, and only if no reaction needed will it choose a random move.
It sounds like that is something you only want late in the game, so is
that what you are doing? Do you just use move number as an estimate of
game stage, or do you perform some analysis to see when the board is
looking settled?

Darren