This is very interesting.  I've skimmed so far and don't understand
everything yet, but I can make some comments on readability.

Table 1 takes some study to understand.  If I understand it correctly,
the Feature column might be more clearly labeled "Feature of Candidate
Move."  (For example, "Pass" means that the candidate move is a pass.)
The "Level" column might be more clearly labeled the "Alternative"
for that feature.

It was unclear what "distance to the move before" means at first.  It
sounds like this is "distance to the move before the previous move" or
maybe "distance from own previous move".

- Brian