> I just received the June issue of Scientific American and
> found a 1.5 page article on Computer Go and UCT.

Just so I'm ready next time a computer go question comes up at a pub
quiz, it says the Monte Carlo method was "First incorporated into Go
Programs in the 1970s". I'd have guessed 30 years later than that. Does
anyone know which program this is referring to?

Darren

P.S. John, it says the new algorithm can topple strong players - shall
we just believe them and say I won that bet? We don't really need to
play the games out to prove it do we ;-).