> The approach that C supports is "chaos: deal with
it".

Is it an approach? or a mere fact of consecuences ?

I mean, people started to build C compilers on every
machine, thats all. The standard library is less
standard than any other thing...

C was one of the first mainstream languages, also was
a good system programming language (to build OS,
system tools, etc.)

But C is just a programming language.

Java languague 'per se' is 5% of the whole Java
"world" (platforms, apis, virtual machines, specs,
etc, etc, etc. and even more etc.) C lacks of all
those things.

Actually, In my opinion, Java as a language is a bit
crappy, but you have the other 95% which is very
important.

Anyway, I think this is getting off topic.

Edu