Hi,

I have just connected Crazy Stone (CS-8-26-10k-1CPU). It uses 10,000 playouts per move, and runs on 1 CPU. It should finish all its games in less than 5 minutes. In my tests, it scores 41% against GNU Go 3.6 Level 10, and 73.5% against MoGo_release3 at 10k playouts per move (the playouts of Mogo are about 10% slower than those of Crazy Stone). These tests were run over 600 games, starting from 300 positions with two stones located at random (but not on the first two lines), and alternating colors.

(computational power provided by the Grid5000 project: https://www.grid5000.fr/mediawiki/index.php/Grid5000:Home
(they ask for advertisement in exchange))

I am a bit surprised that Crazy Stone won so easily against MoGo, because on the old server, it looked much stronger:
http://cgos.boardspace.net/19x19/standings.html
Olivier, do the numbers there indicate the number of playouts? Or is it playouts per processor? Maybe I messed up something. The log of Mogo indicates: 10000 simulations(average length:0) done, time used: 2.94 seconds.( 3401.4 games/sec)
So, it looks OK.

I have the feeling that, maybe, MoGo overfits GNU more than Crazy Stone does. In particular, MoGo's romantic opening style is completely confusing for GNU, but Crazy Stone has no problem with it. I'll run Mogo 10k against GNU to check.

Rémi