From: Harald Korneliussen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I recalled a KGS game of Mogo I'd looked at, where something very similar
>happened, and with a little digging I found it again:

> http://files.gokgs.com/games/2007/12/1/Ardalan-MoGoBot3.sgf

Thanks for the example! That's the infamous "square four" - under any ruleset,
it is absolutely and irrefutably dead.

Mogo mis-evaluated the group as alive, and believed the score to be a win by
6.5.

Since the group was dead, Mogo actually lost by 15.5 ( by area counting )

A white play at B1, move 195, was predictable. Had Mogo correctly anticipated
and evaluated this nakade, it could have created a more robust shape.

Terry McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>