On Jan 22, 2008, at 2:08 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

MoGo plays unconventional moves only in the first 10 moves or so. That is it plays an unconventional openning. An unconventional opening in Go is actaully something that is celebrated for ...

DL

If this is a concern, someone should add a fuseki database to a UCT program to see if it improves play. I know that Howard Landman had a very complete fuseki DB in his program Poka.

I also wonder how Monte Carlo evaluations would work married to other depth-first searches, like Proof-Number.

Ian