Hi Mark,

Did you read my last email post? Using Jason's method, the point immediately AFTER an illegal point (perhaps an eye space) is TWICE as likely to be selected because you are scanning sequentially forward. Hitting on either point is going to lead to the same move selection.

Occasionally you could get 2 or 3 or more illegal points in a row, especially near the end of the game. In such a case, you could be 3 or more times as likely to get the first point immediately after this sequence selected as your move choice.

If your empty list is actually scrambled after every move, I think this is uniformly random except that it would be expensive.

- Don