We'd like to get an estimate of numbers. Who's planning to enter the US Go Congress Computer Go Tournament?

Here is the latest version of the info on the tournament:

Computer Go Tournament

Tournament Director
Peter Drake (AND CO-DIRECTOR?)

Description
This 19x19 tournament is for computer programs only. While there have been notable breakthroughs in recent years, computer Go remains an open problem in artificial intelligence research.

Location
NEED LOCATION (at US Go Congress in Portland, Oregon)

Schedule
Rounds will be played as games are completed, beginning at 1:00 PM, Sunday, August 3. Time permitting, we hope to run a double round- robin tournament.

Time Limits
60 minutes per player, no byo-yomi. If there are many entrants, we may reduce this to 45 minutes per player.

Rules
To give programmers as much time as possible to work out networking bugs, we will use the same rules as the monthly KGS computer go tournaments. These rules can be found at http://www.weddslist.com/ kgs/. Of particular note are that programs must implement GTP and that Chinese (area) scoring is used.

All hardware must be physically present in the competition room. Programs may not rely on any remote resources. Programmers must be able to roughly explain and demonstrate the program’s “thought process”, e.g., by showing logging output as the program responds to an arbitrary position. Programmers may bring their own hardware; we will also provide some machines (NEED DESCRIPTION).

Programs must be entered by the authors, although authors who cannot attend the Congress may sent alternate operators. If a program is based on another program (e.g., GNU Go or MoGo), it must contain a significant amount of new code. The tournament director has final say over what constitutes a "significant amount"; as a guideline, a radically different search algorithm or life-and-death evaluator would be significant, but tweaking some parameters or adding new patterns to a database would not. Such derivative entries must include written permission from the authors of the original program. If you have any doubts about the eligibility of your program, contact the TD before buying an airline ticket!

Prizes
Prize money has been donated by Hierarchical Systems Research Foundation and other anonymous donors. At a minimum, the following prizes will be awarded:

1st place       $400
2nd place       $200
3rd place       $100
4th place       $50