> The MoGo programmer who answered questions after the match (Olivier
> Teytaud) did state that MoGo no longer used UCT. He gave a one-line
> statement of the reason they switched, which I did not follow.

For me, and I suspect some others here, UCT has been used to mean the
way of expanding out the most interesting node at a time, using light or
heavy playouts that contain some random element. People now seem to be
calling that MCTS (monte carlo tree search).

UCT is also a specific algorithm to decide which node to expand next. I
think this is the UCT Mogo no longer uses, but that it still uses MCTS.
(I hope someone will let me know if not, as I'd then have to sit up and
readjust my view of the universe :-).

Darren

http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese-Arabic
                        open source dictionary/semantic network)
http://darrendev.blogspot.com/ (blog on php, flash, i18n, linux, ...)