Ian Osgood wrote:

Thanks! I see that KCC Paduk is no longer on the list of participants for 2008. Have they withdrawn?

Ian

Their registration was rejected because of "past problems with [this] program in other computer Go tournaments" (these are the words of David Levy). The ICGA will make an official statement later.

I hope it will give to Chen Zhixing some incentive to participate. He has registered to the TaiZhou tournament, but not to the Olympiad. So have Gostar and some other Chinese programs. That clash between TaiZhou and the Olympiad is very unfortunate.

I have noticed that the Olympiad was renamed "13th International Computer Games Championship". I suppose they cannot use "Olympiad" for legal reasons.

Rémi