Hello all,

during my latest reading in the list I found,
amongst others, the following mails:

Mark Boon wrote:
> ... I'm  going to run a test overnight,
> but so far it looks good. It should have
> collected a few thousand samples by tomorrow.

This remembered me of my activity some years ago
in computer-aided correspondence chess. There I proposed
to do "work" in a (1+23)-hours mode:
Sitting in front of the computer for about 1 hour per day -
and letting the machine investigate interesting lines and
(sub)positions in the next 23 hours.  Large parts of the
"1h" blocks consist in looking at the results of the
previous 23 computer hours, interpreting them, and in planning
the next 23h block.

For development of (game playing) software, especially on MC base,
also such 1+23 rhythms seem to be convenient...  By the way, Chrilly
Donninger (the leading head in the Hydra project in computer chess)
once told me that his start to investigate computer poker came as
follows: he was doing test runs with Hydra - and needed something
constructive for the phases when waiting for new Hydra test results.

Ingo.
--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a