Quoting Thomas Lavergne <thomas.laver...@reveurs.org>:

  - the best play is a good only if played immediatly and very bad if
    played later in the game :
  - the first playout for this play resulted in a lost.
score and RAVE score will be very low and this play will never be
considered again until a very long time.

You raise an interesting concern.

The simple solution to your question is to add an exploration term using UCT for example. Then it becomes an empirical question what parameter for exploration gives the strongest play. My experience is that the best parameter is so small it can be set to zero.

I think the conditions you defined are very rarely completely fulfilled. What can be true often however is that a single bad move makes the best move very bad if played later in the game. If the bad move happen to be the second best move, it will be searched a lot lowering the AMAF score (rw/rc) for the best move.

This is likely to happen when there are several local moves that more or less solves the same problem. That is when one move is played the effect of the other move played later will overlap with the first.

-Magnus