That sounds like a classic _positional_ super ko violation. Any board repetition is a ko violation, regardless of the player to play.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 13, 2009, at 9:32 AM, "Brian Sheppard" <sheppar...@aol.com> wrote:

Black is flagged for an illegal Ko at the end of game 738921 on CGOS. Black played H1, which looks legal to me. Server bug?

Scanning through the log today, I found a similar situation in game 738998.

The setup is that two stones in the corner are captured by playing 1 stone. Recapture of the capturing stone is declared a Ko. There was no SuperKo repetition involved in either game.

Best,
Brian