Olivier Teytaud wrote:

>> http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=mogoRennes
>
> ... in games 2 and 3 mogo lost quite late with
> some stupid very fast moves - this suggests that perhaps
> we should save up time in the beginning. Well, it's a
> conclusion based on a sample of 2 games  :-)

I think your sample is already larger than 2 games:
look at MoGo's very last 19x19 game in Pamplona (the loss
against Zen). I think, in that game too quick play by
MoGo in the end was responsible for the loss.

http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=mogo
Mogo[-]  Zen19CO [-]  19×19  May 16, 2009, 18:24 (CEST) B+resignation

My general impression (also based on experiences from chess):
Distributing time rather balanced over the moves is a stable
strategy. Of course you will have cases, where 80 seconds instead
of 70 seconds make a big difference. But typically this happens
much less frequent than differences at for instance "12 sec vs 2 sec".
MCTS programs should be more sensible to corruption by small times
than (iterative deepening) alpha-beta tree search.

Ingo.
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss