That's exactly the issue. You don't know if it's an underestimate or overestimate, but you can be sure that the RAVE and UCT values will not match... Even if you run millions of simulations (without expanding the tree), the values still will not match. I expect the RAVE bias is the expected magnitude of that difference.

Sent from my iPhone