In the year 2000 I bought the book
"EZ-GO: Oriental Strategy in a Nutshell",
by Bruce and Sue Wilcox. Ki Press; 1996.

I can only recommend it for the many fresh ideas.
A few days ago I found time again to read in it.

This time I was impressed by Bruce Wilcox's strange
opening "Great Wall", where Black starts with a loose
wall made of 5 stones, spanning over the whole board.

Bruce proposes to play this setup as a surprise weapon,
even against stronger opponents.

Now I made some autoplay tests, starting from the end position
given in the appendix of this mail.
* one game with Leela 3.16; Black won.
* four games with MFoG 12.016; two wins each for Black and White.
So there is some indiciation that the Great Wall works even
for bots, who are not affected by psychology.

I would like to know how other bots perform in autoplay
after this opening.

Cheers, Ingo.