Last Friday (Nov 13, 2009), there was a "Long Night
of Sciences" in Jena. My group was involved, under
the title "Games - with mathematics or without".
Amongst others, we organized a mixed tournament
in Havannah (on boards of size 6):
two top humans competed with the to best computer programs.
We played a round robin, where in each game each side
had 30 minutes for all moves. At the end the humans
were clear winners, without losing a single game to
teh bots. However, tournament winner Ed van Zon had
to go through some critical moments in his game against
DeepFork (by Thomas Reinhardt, Leipzig).

See a report under
http://www.althofer.de/lange-nacht-jena-2009.html
The Havannah part is in the second half. (But also
the upper part should contain some interesting stuff.)

Ingo.
--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02