The December 2009 KGS computer Go tournament will be Sunday December 6th, in the Asian night, European evening, and American morning, starting at 08:00 UTC/GMT and ending at 12:00 UTC/GMT.

There will only be one division. It will be a 12-round Swiss with 9x9 boards, 9 minutes each of main time, and a fast "Canadian Overtime", of 25 moves in 30 seconds. It will use Chinese rules with 7.5 points komi. There are details at http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=488.

Registration is now open. To enter, please read and follow the instructions at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/how/index.html. The rules are given at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/rules.html. Your bot need not be strong to enter, indeed weak and new bots are particularly welcome.

Please send your registration email (with the words "KGS Tournament Registration" in the title) to me at maproom at gmail dot com (converted to a valid address in the obvious way).

I will soon leave for a short holiday, and return by Wednesday December 2nd. I may not have internet access while on holiday - so don't worry if you try to register and get no response. You should get a response by some time on Wednesday.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    n...@maproom.co.uk