Hello,

Petr Baudis wrote:
>> http://www.egc2010.fi/schedule.php
>
>  The "Computer Go" label in the schedule is quite ambiguous, it is not
> clear what does it mean...

Probably it is meant "dynamically":
a lot is possible, nothing is forced.

ECG2008 in Sweden had full-fledged tournaments at 9x9 and 19x19. See
http://egc2008.eu/en/congress/scoreboard/computergo.php

At ECG2009 I did not find anything...

I remember EGC2000 in Strausberg (near Berlin). I was there and helped
to organize the computer go on the second Wednesday. We even were able
to arrange a talk and an exhibition game on 9x9 against a pro.

See
http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/fakultaet/iam/personen/3hirne.html
(especially the second half for the exhibiton game - with photo)

> whether we would have to bring our own hardware (or if it's
> possible to participate on lend hardware or over the net).

One of the sponsors is a software company, "teamware". Perhaps they can
help to organize machines.
http://www.egc2010.fi/sponsors.php

Hardware was a lot easier in 2000. In those days ALL go programs were
very quick, and ran well on simple notebooks...

Ingo.