I'm not convinced that it's reducible (as in reductionism) to get to a
rational (i.e. highly influenced by deterministic math) set of principles
to describe Go (which appears to be a precondition to getting it mapped
into your expert system). In fact, I don't think it can currently be done
for a static Go position (assuming one is attempting to projecting it into
the future to produce a probability about the outcome) unless it is in the
end game (where the complexity has be significantly pruned to leave a much
smaller search space). That said, I wish you the best of luck producing the
set of principles. I would LOVE to see that breakthrough as it implies so
many other awesome things.

I think we way underestimate how much complexity emerges from a single Go
position, much less projecting that complexity forward temporally. It's why
there is so much motivation to push MC as far as is possible. It tosses the
most of the complexity aside in favor of extremely high levels of brute
force combined with statistical analysis. And the engines that are
attempting to bridge MC with a relatively simplistic expert engine are now
finally approaching the upper levels of human cognitive ability (anything
above 5 dan amateur is well into the upper levels of human cognitive
ability in the domain of Go).

So, just in case there might be a breakthrough one or two more MC
iterations away, it's worth continuing to explore it even though it's
starting to feel like it's now stuck in a local optima in the Go engine
improvement search space. And I've personally been waiting for quantum
computing to give the MC strategy another good kick in the pants. And that
kick might be just enough to send it the rest of the way past the best
human's ability. If so, that will be tragic as it means that just like
Chess, brute force largely won...again.