I wouldn't say they are "not compatible", since the move that maximizes
score is always in the top class (win>draw>loss) for any setting of komi.
You probably mean it in a practical sense, in that MCTS engines are
stronger when maximizing win probability.

I am more interested in attempting to maximize score, even if the engine is
significantly weaker. Of course this is not what most people want, so I
understand I am looking for something unusual.

Álvaro.