Hi Simon,

do your remember my silly remarks in an email discussion almost a year ago?

You had written:
>> So, yes, with all the exciting work in DCNN, it is very tempting
>> to also do DCNN. But I am not sure if we should do so.

And my silly reply had been:
> I think that DCNN is somehow in a dreamdancing appartment.
> My opinion: We might mention it in our proposal, but not as a central topic.

In my mathematical life I have been wrong with my intuition only a few times.
This DCNN topic was the worst case so far...

Greetings from the bottom,
Ingo.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016 um 16:41 Uhr
Von: "Lucas, Simon M" <s...@essex.ac.uk>
An: "computer-go@computer-go.org" <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Betreff: Re: [Computer-go] Mastering the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks
and Tree Search

Indeed – Congratulations to Google DeepMind!

It’s truly an immense achievement.  I’m struggling
to think of other examples of reasonably mature
and strongly contested AI challenges where a new
system has made such a huge improvement over
existing systems – and I’m still struggling …

Simon Lucas