On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Justin .Gilmer <jmgil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I made a similar attempt as Alvaro to predict final ownership. You can
> find the code here: https://github.com/jmgilmer/GoCNN/. It's trained to
> predict final ownership for about 15000 professional games which were
> played until the end (didn't end in resignation). It gets about 80.5%
> accuracy on a held out test set, although the accuracy greatly varies based
> on how far through the game you are. Can't say how well it would work in a
> go player.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record; that result (~80%) seems
similar to what I got many years ago when excluding life&death knowledge.
When life & death knowledge is included (which can also be learned from
examples and/or self-play) then the accuracy should approach 100% for final
positions. For more information see chapter 10 of my thesis (
http://erikvanderwerf.tengen.nl/pubdown/thesis_erikvanderwerf.pdf).

Erik