The evaluation is always at least as deep as leaves of the tree.
Still, you're right that the earlier in the game, the bigger the inherent
uncertainty.
One thing I don't understand: if the network does a thumbs up or down,
instead of answering with a probability,
what is the use of MSE? Why not just prediction rate?